Design Properties

richardlhr
Some component such as Logo and Navigation usually use a design dialog and store their properties under /etc/design instead of content.
Do you have any plan to support such component mapping in the future? This could be done using specific annotation or by passing an option to the current annotation.

Thanks.

Re: Design Properties

laurenslocum
Hello, I am running into a similar situation.

Rather than the jcrproperties for my SliceResource being stored under content/myPage/jcr:content/componentIncludedOnPage, they are stored in the DAM at content/dam/pathToAsset/jcr:content/componentWithJcrProperties.

I've played around with mapping the jcrproperties property Type under content/myPage/jcr:content/componentIncludedOnPage to Type=Path and a value of content/dam/pathToAsset/jcr:content/componentWithJcrProperties, but no luck.

Additionally, pointing the jcrproperty sling:resourceSuperType to content/dam/pathToAsset/jcr:content/componentWithJcrProperties does not work - from the java inheritance perspective.

Following along Richards suggestion, if I attempt to make custom annotations I'm thinking I will run into problems with the annotation value not being a constant, as the path to the jcrproperties will vary per asset.

Has anyone had any success with this type of design?

My next thought is to implement some java backend service that will set the jcrproperties from the asset at content/dam/pathToAsset/jcr:content/componentWithJcrProperties to the site page content/myPage/jcr:content/componentIncludedOnPage.

Any comments or advice is appreciated, thank you in advance.